Today was a forced zero day of no hiking because the road was closed that took us back to the trail due to ice and snow.
It is nice to have time to reflect. Here are some random thoughts.
- I used to go to extreme measures to stay away from mud and water-now I walk right through it.
- I love my tent. Easy to set up and tear down.
- Linda’s trail name is Sunshine because she’s always so happy.
- Mark’s trail name is Eagle because he soars up the mountains.
- Juergen’s trail name is Camino because he has walked 3 Caminos in Spain.
- I like morning hiking best, but hike faster in the afternoon.
- I struggle everyday posting pictures of myself with no makeup or touch ups-I listen to this song – it helps.
- My earphones, that my wonderful brother-in-law gave me as an AT gift, ROCK! I can use them with my phone so can talk and walk with both hands free.
- The Appalachian Trail is much harder than I thought it would be – I am loving it.
- Grouse make the most interesting noise. It’s like a drum that reverberates the ground.
- My camp stove boils water FAST!
- I have only taken Advil twice so far.
- Oldest hiker I have met is 73 years old.
Linda has hurt her rib/back and wants to take another day to get better. So Juergen and I will hike out tomorrow without my trail sister and her hubby. Hopefully they will catch up one day. But I can’t take another zero when I feel this good.
Hiking on tomorrow,